Give the gift of discovery with a Harry Ransom Center membership
By Christine Lee
More than a museum and more than a library, the Harry Ransom Center offers unparalleled access to the creative process and the inner lives of your favorite novelists, playwrights, artists, photographers, filmmakers, and more.
Adventure is best when shared, which is why a Ransom Center gift membership is the perfect present this holiday season. To make it even more fun, we’re including “A Fantastic Voyage into Literature, Art, Photography, Film, and Performing Arts,” a beautiful printed travelogue that will activate your recipient’s journey into the Ransom Center. Memberships start at just $50.
Here are six ways a gift membership will encourage discovery in 2016…
- Travel to the Elizabethan world of William Shakespeare with Shakespeare in Print and Performance
- Learn about contemporary photography in Look Inside: New Photography Acquisitions
- See the world through the eyes of a photographer with Elliott Erwitt: Home Around the World.
- Visit other museums for free (Sustainer-level and above; institutions part of the North American Reciprocal program)
- Enjoy free parking and priority access to lectures with visiting authors. Past speakers have included Salman Rushdie, Ian McEwan, and Nicole Krauss.
- Receive free tickets to opening celebrations and invitations to member-only events
A gift membership also helps the Ransom Center achieve its mission of sharing its collections with scholars, students, and the public.
Order a gift membership online, call 512-232-3669, or purchase at the visitor desk in the Ransom Center’s lobby during gallery hours. Current members receive a discount on selected levels of gift memberships. For Christmas delivery, purchase your gift membership by December 15.